I moved to Shoreline. Margaret and I did just fine up until the middle of February when it seemed she had come down with a low grade pneumonia. For several weeks she became weaker and more out of breath to where the decision was finally made by her doctor to send her to the University of Washington Hospital. During her four days in the hospital it was discovered she had a blood clot in one lung that was causing the problem. She was put on medication to dissolve the clot and then sent to a live-in rehabilitation facility near her home. Since she is with full time care I was no longer needed and returned to Fort Bragg. My wife will visit mom in April and see if she is able to return home. If so, I will return to Seattle and resume care giving.
In June my wife will finish teaching at the local college go to Seattle to be with mom through the summer and I will return to Fort Bragg.
I know, I know, it sounds quite convoluted but it works. Mom is slowly making progress but not near capable of doing what she was doing February 2nd when I took this photo.
Long story short... Thanks!